As a Foreign IP Consultant, Mr. Diamond co-manages the Firm’s International Department and coordinates all outgoing work for the Firm’s domestic clients. Described as a “‘notable practitioner’” (Chambers Asia Pacific 2014) with “‘a professional background in dealing with foreign clients’” (Legal 500 2014) “who provides excellent service” (IP STARS 2015), his practice focuses on IP litigation strategy, anti-counterfeiting and enforcement matters, both online and offline. Prior to joining Januar Jahja & Partners, Mr. Diamond worked as an associate in the New York office of Venable LLP, an AmLaw 100 firm. While there, Mr. Diamond worked in the Commercial Litigation Group, where his practice focused on assisting clients in class action and securities fraud defense, as well as compliance with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA). Mr. Diamond has a J.D. from Brooklyn Law School and an LL.M in Intellectual Property and Technology Law from the National University of Singapore (NUS). He is licensed to practice law in the State of New York.
Recognition: Mr. Diamond has been recognized by such outlets as Legal 500 (“Recommended” 2014), Asialaw Profiles (2015), and Chambers Asia Pacific (2014, 2015), which named him a “Ranked lawyer” and placed him in Band 1 for “Intellectual Property: Foreign Legal Consultants – Indonesia” for 2015. He has also been named a ASEAN IPR SME Heldesk “Expert”. In March 2015, he presented on Indonesia to the spring meeting of the Pharmaceutical Trade Marks Group (PTMG).
Languages: English, Indonesian.
- “Ku De Ta is Dead!! Long Live Ku De Ta!!” with Prudence Jahja, Jakarta Globe, 18 July 2015, available at: http://jakartaglobe.beritasatu.com/opinion/commentary-ku-de-ta-dead-long-live-ku-de-ta/.
- “New Indonesian Top-Level Domain Anything.id Sunrise Period for Trademark Owners Now Open,” with Andrew Diamond, Bloomberg BNA World Communications Regulation Report, Vol. 9, No. 3, March 2014, available at: http://www.bna.com/world-communications-regulation-p6797/.
- “Time to Make Your Brand Protection Strategy More Social in Indonesia,” World Trademark Review, October 2013, available at: http://jahja.com/en/news/jjp-consultant-authors-article-on-social-media-protection-strategies-for-brands-in-indonesia/.
- “What Indonesia Needs to do to Join the World IP Community,” with Prudence Jahja, Managing IP, April 2013, available at: http://www.managingip.com/IssueArticle/3179026/Archive/What-Indonesia-needs-to-do-to-join-the-world-IP-community.html.
- “How Best to Protect Your Brand from a Coup d’Etat,” with Prudence Jahja, Jakarta Globe, February 25, 2013, available at: http://thejakartaglobe.beritasatu.com/archive/how-to-best-protect-your-brand-from-a-coup-detat/570428/.