Currently managing partner of JJP, Mrs. Prudence Jahja is widely regard as one of the leading intellectual property (IP) lawyers in Indonesia. As both a Registered IP Consultant and licensed attorney in Indonesia, her practice focuses both on trademark prosecution and litigation, as well as enforcement matters, including infringement matters and website takedowns. She also has experience advising on and prosecuting patent, industrial design, and copyright matters as well.
Mrs. Jahja’s work has been recognized by various outlets such as the Legal 500, WTR 1000, Managing IP/ IP Stars, and Chambers Asia Pacific. She has been named one of the Top 250 Women in IP and one of Indonesia’s Top 100 Lawyers. For a complete list of all of her accolades and recognitions, please see our Testimonials page.
Mrs. Jahja holds a bachelor degree in Economic and Business Law from Atma Jaya University in Jakarta, Indonesia and earned a Master’s Degree in Intellectual Property and Competition Law from the Munich Intellectual Property Law Center (MIPLC) at the Max Planck Institute in Munich, Germany. As part of her studies in Germany, Mrs. Jahja interned at the German Intellectual Property Law firm of Preu Bohlig & Partner. After receiving her LL.M, she worked in the New York office of the Intellectual Property firm Frommer Lawrence & Haug, LLP.
She also served as a judicial intern for the Chief Judge of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit in Washington, D.C. Mrs. Jahja is licensed to practice law in Indonesia (PERADI), as well as before the Indonesian Intellectual Property Office.
- “The Indonesian IKEA case: what happened and why it might actually be good for foreign companies” with Andrew Diamond, The IP Kat, 19 February 2016, available at: http://ipkitten.blogspot.com/2016/02/the-indonesian-ikea-case-what-happened.html;
- “Ku De Ta is Dead!! Long Live Ku De Ta!!” with Andrew Diamond, Jakarta Globe, 18 July 2015, available at: http://jakartaglobe.beritasatu.com/opinion/commentary-ku-de-ta-dead-long-live-ku-de-ta/.
- “New Indonesian Top-Level Domain Anything.id Sunrise Period for Trademark Owners Now Open,” with Andrew Diamond, Bloomberg BNA World Communications Regulation Report, Vol. 9, No. 3, March 2014, available at:
- “What Indonesia Needs to do to Join the World IP Community,” with Andrew Diamond, Managing IP, April 2013, available at:
- “How Best to Protect Your Brand from a Coup d’Etat,” with Andrew Diamond, Jakarta Globe, February 25, 2013, available at:
Languages: Indonesian, English.