Indonesian copyright law can both be simple and complex at the same time. At Januar Jahja & Partners, we realize that our clients have diverse and complex needs on Copyright issues associated with patents, trademarks and designs. With over two decades practicing copyright law in Indonesia, Januar Jahja & Partners is well-qualified, experienced, and ready to counsel you on all your copyright needs, including but not limited to: preparation and prosecution of copyright applications, counseling clients on the copyrightability of works and creations, and assisting clients in litigation matters.
Under Indonesia Copyright Law No. 19/2002, the minimum filing requirements for filing a copyright application for registration are:
- Full name and address of author and copyright holder;
- Nationality (for natural person) and detail of incorporation (for legal entity);
- Type and title of work;
- Date and place of first publication;
- 3 copies of work specifications;
- A signed Power of Attorney; and
- A signed Statement of Entitlement.
Please contact us if you would like to request copyright advice and/or a cost estimate so that you can begin the process of protecting your copyrighted material in Indonesia.