Patent prosecution in Indonesia requires an in-depth understanding of both Indonesian Patent Law and the inner-workings of the Indonesian Patent Office. With over 25 years experience handling all aspects of patent prosecution and patent ligitation, Januar Jahja & Partners has the right tools to help you or your client successfully register a patent in Indonesia. We have helped some of the leading companies in the fields of science and technology register their inventions in Indonesia and have assisted clients with their patent work across many disciplines, including but not limited to:
- Mechanical and Electrical Sciences;
- Information Technology and Computer Science;
- Laser, Optical and Medical Physics;
- Chemical and Physical Chemistry Sciences;
- Pharmaceutical; and
- Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Immunology and Pharmacology.
As part of our Indonesian patent practice, we are able to conduct patent searches, draft freedom to operate/non-infringement legal opinions, offer advice regarding the patentability of inventions and claim drafting, and handle all aspects of patent prosecution in Indonesia, as well as registering Recordals of Name Change, Address Change and Assignment, and responding to Office Actions issued by the Indonesian Patent Office. We also frequently advise clients on patent litigation in Indonesia.
The minimum requirements for filing a patent application in Indonesia, based on Indonesian Patent Law No. 14 (2001), are as follows:
- Full name, address and nationality of applicant and inventor(s);
- 1 (one) copy of the specification in English and drawings (if any) for translation into Bahasa Indonesia;
- A copy of application from which a priority is claimed;
- A signed Power of Attorney;
- A signed Statement of Entitlement; and
- A signed Deed of Assignment.
Please contact us if you would like to receive our Schedule of Charges for Patent matters or would like to receive the Power of Attorney, Statement of Entitlement and Deed of Assignment forms so that you can begin the process of protecting your patent in Indonesia.